Newcastle, 11th October 2022
4pm for 4.30, The Spark, Draymans Way, Newcastle Helix, NE4 5DE
What does the future hold for construction and real estate in and around Newcastle?
Join me with leading experts from the world of construction and law for a look at plans for the sector in the coming year and beyond. Experts will discuss what the future holds for the region, what plans are in place for infrastructure and development, and how to avoid the pitfalls that lead to costly disputes and legal issues.
- 4.30pm: Horizon Scanning with Warren Kemp, DAC Beachcroft
- What changes are coming up in the law, what does the future hold?
- What are the impacts of recent legal decisions and changes?
- A look at recent past and possible future risks on the horizon for construction.
- 4.50pm: In Conversation with Michelle Percy and Paul Darling OBE QC
- Background to Michelle and her role as director of place in Newcastle.
- A look at recent challenges and how they’ve been overcome.
- What’s coming up in Newcastle- new projects, plans for infrastructure.
- 5.20pm: Project Controls & Disputes, A Practical Perspective with Paul Gibbons of Decipher
- Putting in place systems to avoid problems.
- The importance of records and common mistakes.
- How to prepare for claims, and ensure success.
- 5.40pm: BIM, and MMC with Simon Lewis and Ian Atkinson, Womble Bond Dickinson
- BIM and Information Management: what happens next?
- MMC: building for the future.
- What does the law say?
- 6pm: Panel discussion and Audience Q&A with all speakers, chaired by Paul Darling OBE QC
- 6.30pm: Close and Networking / Drinks
Book your place here: https://bit.ly/NewcastleOpsRisks